“Small brands dominate retail”


business office

It is a myth that around 3,000 major corporate brands, especially in FMCG, consumer durables and cosmetics etc. meet the needs of the people of the country. In fact, there are more than 30,000 small and medium brands, but the regional brands are the ones that contribute the most to meet the demand of the Indian people. According to a recent survey by CAIT Research & Trade Development Society (CRTDS), a research arm of the Confederation of All Indian Traders (CAIT), around 3,000 business brands meet the needs of almost 20% of the population. India as more than 30,000 small and medium brands cater to the demand of the rest of the country’s 80%, including products made by small and small manufacturers and producers, said CAIT National Chairman BC Bhartia , and secretary general of the CAIT.

Bhartia and Khandelwal said that among the verticals of trade surveyed include food grains, oil, kirana ware, personal cosmetics, loungewear, ready-made garments employment, beauty and personal care products, footwear, toys, educational games and health care.

If the government gives the necessary supportive policies to the non-commercial sector and compels e-commerce businesses to obey the policy and the law both in letter and in spirit, retail is bound to flourish in line with Prime Minister Narendra Modi’s vision for Make in India and Atmnirbhar Bharat, the trader body added.


About Author

Comments are closed.